martes, 5 de mayo de 2009

VISIT TO THE FOUNDATION "DE TODAS"

Me and my group made an interview to a client of DE TODAS, a cooperative that helps women with very low income to make they’re own business and also in managing it. This cooperative gives credit to women without a lot of legal process and it benefits more the clients than to the cooperative, its a place where the women can develop a lot of aspects and it focus on preparing them to be better persons and professionals. This client was alone when we got there and was very nice. Here is the interview:

NAME: Betty Arroyo Ceballos

¿For how many years you have been with DE TODAS?

For 3 years 

¿How did you meet this corporation?
They visit my community and they presented me they’re credit programs, I worked in my church in another foundation and I wasn’t interested at the moment. A time later my daughter joined DE TODAS and showed me the brochures, I got really interested and in that moment I decided to join the cooperative. Now with the pass of time, they hire me and now I’m the inspector of this cooperative.

¿What attracted you more about this foundation?
The training, they worry a lot about the business development, about your personal development and in your self steam. This cooperative is also preoccupied in teaching you how to manage your own business and it also helps in the familiar context. Something that also interested me about DE TODAS, is that it focuses in preparing the women and it gives lot opportunities to us.

¿How much credit does DE TODAS lend you, its something specific or you ask for it?
Is something specific the income grows depending in the plan of inversion, it starts with 100 then it increases to 300.

¿How was the beginning of your business, it prospered at once or was something gradually?
At once, now I have a foundation called “SHADDER”, I work as a trainer where we make manual activities with recyclable materials. 

¿What was the reaction of your husband when you joined DE TODAS and began your business?

At first they think you are crazy, when he sees me with bottles or materials that seem garbage, but then he began to get interested and now he brings me materials and it’s also a family business now. 

 I think this interview showed me that there are still good people trying to help those who are needed the most, I think this is a good cooperative that can change the lives of many.

Making a relation in what we have learned in class I think this is a group that are socially responsible, and is going very near to maturity stage, because they don’t only worry about themselves but they are very concerned in the well being of society. There aren’t many things like this in Ecuador and I think that if other people concern more about others and begin to take place as part of the problem of how it is our world, it can improve the way our country is and move on to the maturity stage which will be ideal. It gives support to women that don’t have much opportunities and it worries about others instead of benefit themselves. 





1 comentario:

  1. Viviana - Ok, this is a good start. The Cooperative is not a foundation and there are important reasons for that. A foundation cannot receive savings, while a Cooperative can. This means that a foundation always depends on donations from outside, whereas a Cooperative can become autonomous and sustainable.

    Also, there is one part of the assignment you did not do:

    ...write what you learned through the visit related to what we have read in our text book so far.

    ResponderEliminar