lunes, 18 de mayo de 2009

VIRGEN DE LAS NIEVES


Last Saturday was my first day of social action for this class. We went to Virgen de las Nieves in the cooperative Valerio Estacio. We went for a large road and get into the invasions that are in the mountains, there the bus left us in a market and we my group of 3 and two other guys, alone went for the search of kids. Immediately we saw a boy that run after Isabel Álvarez one partner of the group and hugged her. They met last year when she came to give them classes. We told them to get they’re friends so we walked a long way looking for them. To be honest I was a little scared at first walking alone with my little group in that ambient. So we gathered a couple of more kids and returned to a market were we bought a coke for them. I was amazed of one boy of like 6 years old that climbed a mountain really fast and returned first to the market.

There we sat and I started talking with some of the children that were from 6 to 10 years. I met I little girl of 8 years old, asked her friend that if her father gets drunk, she responds that no, so the girl starts telling me that her uncle sometimes gets really drunk and hits her cousins, and that she is scared of him, that sometimes he gets really mad and starts yelling people. She fortunately has they’re parents that doesn’t hit her but she feels bad for her cousins. I also met Luciano, Emily of 6 years old, she had a notebook were she wrote things. Then they asked me to draw them something in that notebook. They were really happy when I drew them a bunny, a chicken, a dog and taught them how to do it. Then they started askingm me to draw more things that were a bit harder like a shark or a horse, but they seemed to enjoy it.Emily then starting drawing houses that we can see in this picture.

It was a nice experience we arrived at 2:30 and the bus returned at 5:00. This first visit was to know the kids and next Saturday at 3, we told them to return at that hour for the classes we’re going to give. The class will be about values and god through art.

It was pleasant to know all of these kids, and get to know their way of living. Must of them have a lot of risk factors around them that can get them to a bad road. We can make a change teaching values and distracting them from the bad road they can get into.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario